Sunday, January 30, 2011

Steps of Faith

Recently we hosted 185 high school students and 25 volunteers and interns at our FastBreak Conference. One of the highlights for me was having five of the students from the freshmen discipleship group I lead. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. One of them commented to Eric, a student I coach, that he especially liked the outreach we did, saying “I was a little nervous before we went out”, but after it was over said “I can’t wait to do this again!”

It is almost always like that, fear and apprehension give way to joy, excitement and fruit as you step out in faith and let God use you in the life of another. I see that in myself all the time, whether it is the dread of asking a potential new donor to partner with us in the ministry or making the call to another random contact (after so many merely want help with something we don’t or can’t do), God evaporates my fear with His presence while He honors my step of faith. Almost every time I find myself asking why I don’t I trust Him more. I really should!

We are in the process of offering to send college students to a Campus Ministry conference where they will be challenged to invest their life in the Great Commission. Of course we would love to see them join staff and serve full time, but God often has other plans for their life and it is our desire to partner with them in whatever their call might be. Our motivation is that some of them will become high school teachers or youth ministers and we want to assist them in reaching out to teenagers. Pray that we will have a good turn out and great conversations with qualified students who would like to partner with us!

It is a joy to lead leaders who want to reach middle and high school students. Your partnership with us makes that possible (actually God makes it possible, but we are so grateful for your partnership with us)!

No comments:

Blog Archive